Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy Days Layout By Stephanie Buice

Hello! Recently I was asked to do a guest post on the Scrapbooks and Cards Today blog, here is the post I did for them:
Hi everyone happy Wednesday! I'm so happy to be here with you today sharing a layout I made recently using mostly supplies from PinkFresh Studios.
I am a huge fan of theirs and adore the new Up In The Clouds collection and all of the monthly kits.
The colors are always so amazing and I love how her designs are truly unique and different.
Today I'm sharing my Happy Days layout with you


Before I started my layout I laid all my PinkFresh goodies out to see what I had left and I wanted to roll in them, everything is so perfect!
I decided to start with a white background and build it up from there using the Pattern Circles paper. I knew I wanted them to be my base under my picture.


I began by punching enough of them out to make a grid out of the circles. I chose a variety of the patterns and colors and put them down. I really liked it at that point but knew that it could be way better. The biggest tip I could share with you about these kinds of situations is to always try layering.
Yes my layout would have been perfectly fine with the single gird of circles but I knew that if I spent a little bit more time it could be so much more full and interesting.
So I began punching out other circles in smaller sizes layering them on top of my existing ones. I didn't try to make them all perfectly line up because I really liked the random look and feel of the different sizes and patterns together. Some circles got more layers than others to keep them each unique.


After I got everything where I wanted I sewed down the center of each line of circles holding them together. To add some extra dimension I folded up some of the circle layers.
I finished off my layout with some simple embellishments and a few splatters of black ink here and there. All the Pinkfresh Studio products look great together, don't you agree?


I think her products are great for just about any occasion or subject so go buy some up and given them a try, they make it so easy to fill your pages with fun products that are right on trend yet feel fresh and new.




No comments:

Post a Comment